In our Nerdom, there is a real hunger for products with Tengwar and/or Elvish on them. But, there is a lot of lazy, terrible Tengwar wandering the wilds of the internet, preying on people’s ignorance of Tolkien’s languages. Let’s change that, shall we?
How to Become a Merchant
If you want to Sell Tolkien-language related products, you can join us as a vendor! Joining is very simple.
Go to Vendor Registration and fill out the form.
Wait for an admin to accept your registration. We’ll contact you if it has been accepted or rejected. We may also request to interview you if we have questions about what you want to sell with us.
Once accepted, fill out your profile, and you’re officially a vendor here!
Types of products we’re looking for:
- The whole point of this place is to gather “Products with Real Elvish on them, Curated by Tolkien-language Scholars!”
- It has to be Tolkien-language related. Having a nice picture of an elf on it isn’t enough, and any non-Tolkienian Elven languages will be rejected.
- Any translation and/or inscription MUST be understandable and legible.
- Reference grammars or textbooks on one of Tolkien’s languages or writing systems are accepted, as long as they are up to date, having at least the data from Parma Eldalamberon 22.
- Original fiction, no mater how amazing it is, will be rejected.
How to Get Your Product Listed
Go to the Store Manager page.
On the left side of the screen, there will be a long menu. You want the fourth item on the menu: “Products.” Click on that link.
Once there, over the list of products, there is a button on the right side of the screen labeled “Add New.” Click it.
Fill out the relevant sections, and save them. Make sure that your product page includes a thorough explanation of what languages and writing systems are used so that people know exactly what they’re getting. This will put your product up for review.
If the Tolkien-language content of your product is up to snuff, we’ll accept it! If it’s not, we’ll explain why. If you fix the problem, you can resubmit it for review, and it may get accepted this time!
The other version of this process is that we’re so impressed with your product that we’ve stumbled upon online that we’ll e-mail you, begging for you to join up.
How Realelvish will be making money (other than from the added prestige of your fine company) is based on commission. We charge a 2% commission plus $1.
So, if you have a $30 ware that sells, the commission will be: 30 x .02 + 1 = $1.60 and you get to take home $28.40.
There are no membership fees.
Thus, we’ll only make money if you do, so you can bet we’re invested in you!